Saturday, November 13, 2010

I'm shipping this one out!

It's midnight and my boy is still going strong. What is with him staying up all hours of the night? He's like the energizer bunny! I can get him to sleep and if I leave the room I hear his footsteps in a matter of minutes.

I have had the longest week. My kids have been sick ALL week with some kind of crud. I thought they were finally getting better and then Friday night the stomach bug got Sadie. She woke up and started spewing everywhere. Gavin and I were up and I could hear her screaming and we met at the bottom of the steps. The unexpected spew scared her terribly. It caught me off guard as well. I scrambled to get her into the bathroom and then Gavin started screaming. I couldn't leave her at the moment, but as soon as I made her a pallet and calmed her, I ran back to get Gavin. He was standing in the same spot gagging. He wouldn't step over it so I had to pick him up and take him into the living room. He screamed and told me not to take him where Sis was. Wondering where Rich was at? Well, he was at work. It's the first weekend in months that he has had to be gone all weekend. Funny how things work because it seems like he is always away when the kids are puking. Not by choice, but very frustrating for me. Sadie wouldn't leave the pallet in the bathroom and Gavin wouldn't leave the living room. They were both screaming of course. Finally, Sadie dozed off which allowed me to calm Gavin. He still wouldn't go to bed. I didn't much more leave him to check on Sadie when the dog came running through the house. How in the world did that happen? Gavin! This just made Sadie hysterical. So, her and I ended up laying in the bathroom floor for hours. She kept saying she was sorry which was so pitiful. I reassured her there was nothing to be sorry about and that she would be better soon. Finally, around 3:30am I talked her into laying in the bed and I scooped Gavin up who had fallen asleep in a chair. Sadie and I got up a few more times with the dry heaves and believe it or not they were awake by 8:30 am. How is that? I was exhausted! We did lay in the bed for a while and watch cartoons, but I wanted much more sleep. She still doesn't feel great, but at least the spewing is over. My fingers are crossed that the rest of us do not end up with it.

1 comment:

Brandi said...

You poor thing!! And to do it without hubby's help, miserable!!!! Hope all is better!!!