Sunday, February 27, 2011

Might be a while before I go back to Kentucky!

Yesterday was a beautiful day so me and the kids loaded up and headed to Kentucky..."back where I come from." LOL! Our first stop was the bowling alley to celebrate my cousin's little boy's birthday (Happy Birthday Brady!) I planned on going to visit another cousin after the party but when I came out to my car, my tire was flat as a pancake! So flat that I couldn't even drive across the parking lot to a gas station. I got in my car to call RIch and realized my phone was dead. Huh! Isn't that some luck. Here I am stranded in Kentucky with a dead phone. I got in my car to look for the phone charger and thought I would start it up and roll the windows down for the kids. Well, it wouldn't start. Clearly the battery was dead. Luckily, I caught my cousin before she left and she called a friend to come over and help. He aired my tire up, which had two visible nails in it, fixed my battery, and sent me on my way to the nearest Walmart. Amy followed me to Walmart and even loaned me her car charger since I never could find mine. Lord help if you have trouble with your car on a Saturday evening. None of the surrounding tire places were open. Once we got to Walmart we had to wait for over an hour for them to plug my tire, but finally we were on our way and I purchased a phone charger while waiting. I then took the kids to get something to eat and headed for my cousin's house to play. I thought it might be good to see how the tire done before heading back. We finally made it to their house, 2 hours later than planned, and no one was home. We decided to start heading back and got on the interstate. We traveled for 20 min and decided to get off the next exit and visit my uncle who had surgery recently. I also wanted to show the kids my granny's house where I spent most of my weekends playing. I turned up the hill to my uncle's and hit a little bump and my window came off track. COULD ANY THING ELSE HAPPEN?! We visited for a little while and then headed home before it got too late. It was so cold riding with the window down so a few miles down the road I pulled off and fooled with the window. I finally got it up far enough for me to grab a hold of it. I was able to pull it most of the way up. I was holding my breath not to hit a bump and to make it home before anything else happened. It was just one of those day that I wished I wouldn't have left the house. It was great seeing family, but it may be a while before I head back into Kentucky!

Even though the day was rough Saturday, we had a great day Friday. Rich and I took the kids to the book store and to Build a Bear in Knoxville. We also stopped and got a bite to eat. Check out Gavin making himself at home in the bookstore. He was reading a book about superheroes. My favorite part is the end of it when he says "dee end".

No comments: